Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Past Week
















Well I think it's safe to say it's been a rough week and I think we're all glad it's over. I'm here to report on the weekend. Most of the important stuff has been said already. I flew in on Thursday afternoon and Char and Mom picked me up at the airport. My flight was very small, but good. I did get chosen to go through extra security at the airport and they had to throw away my face wash because it was over 3.5 oz. I was pretty bummed, but I know a good Mary Kay consultant that could get me a new one. After that we went to grandma's and hung around all evening eating, resting, eating. Pat took us for a ride to Dairy Queen in his hot convertible. It was very strange for us to be riding in a convertible in December to get ice cream. But we sure enjoyed it. Grandma of course had a snow cap on. Then Friday morning we ate big meal yet again and went to Victoria Gardens with grandma. It's amazing there! We all bought some things at New York & Company. :) Then we went back to grandmas and ate again. Daisy & Everett were there, so we got to visit with them a while. We headed over to the funeral home after dinner where we met Larry's family & Lois' family. It was great to meet grandpa's sister Barbara too. She's so sweet. (She told me grandpa named her and she's 13 yrs younger than him. Just some info I learned). There were several beautiful arrangements there with some great picture collages. It was a beautiful service and I think grandpa was very happy with it. It was weird to hear Lois' family talk about him referring to him as "dad." I guess I'm just not used to the fact that he had another family. After the service we went to Lois' house and said goodbye after we picked a few veggies from grandpa's garden. They had salsa there that was made from the things in his garden and wow was it good. Pretty intense though. :) After we left there we went to Larry's and stayed the night. Jason was so sweet to give up his bed for me and Char to sleep in. We got up early and headed on the road. It took us 13 hours to drive home. The weather was great until we hit central Utah and then it was like a wall of snow. It hit fast and hard. We passed several cars and semi's that had crashed off the side of the road, but alas, we were safe. I think someone had a little hand in that. ;) Thankful to Charlotte's superior driving skills, we arrived home safely. Char got home and immediately started packing and now she's in Wisconsin smooching her lover boy! It was a great trip and I loved seeing everyone. I can't wait to go back to Cali and see everyone again!

0 comments: